How do I apply?
APPLICATION PERIOD IS OPEN.
Applications for FAUMUN 2022/23 will be accepted until August 1, 2022.
For the FAUMUN Delegation to New York 2022/2023, please send us your application by August 1, 2022, with the following documents:
- CV / Resume (English, 2 pages maximum)
- Convincing motivational letter (English, 1-2 pages)
- Both as one PDF file with the following name: 2023.[Last name].[First name].pdf
- Send to firstname.lastname@example.org – reference: “FAUMUN 2023 Application”
Use the motivational letter to explain why you would like to be part of the FAUMUN delegation to New York and what you expect from your participation in the project. In addition, you should introduce yourself and describe which of the different aspects of the project you would like to focus on. Please emphasize which currently important challenges for the UN are particularly interesting to you and why.
We do not request any further documents. However, we invite you to add certificates, letters of recommendation or other interesting documents to your application. If you wish to do so, please send them as a separate PDF file named 2023.[Last name].[First name].extra.pdf in your application e-mail.
You should receive an e-mail confirming the receipt of your application within 24 hours after sending it. If this is not the case, make sure we receive your application documents by sending them again.
A selection of applicants will then be invited to personal interviews. After the interviews, the selection process for the FAUMUN Delegation will take until end of September at the latest.
Further important information before sending your application:
Requirements for participation
- You are a matriculated student at FAU (Bachelor, Master, doctorate, state exam etc.). A specific field of study is not required.
- You will be 18 years or older at the start of the project.
- Since the project also takes place during the semester break in spring, please keep that period of time free.
- You have a very good to excellent command of English (reading, writing, comprehension and speaking) – German is helpful but not required.
- You are an outstanding team player driven by ambition, motivation and the will to succeed. You have a high stress tolerance and a strong working capacity.
- You have the discipline and motivation to successfully complete the seminar.
The expenses for the project partially have to be covered by the participants. The expected participation fee is 1.200 €. It includes the fees for all conferences, accommodation and board (except board for NMUN in New York City). It does not include the flights to New York. Should there be funds left after the project has ended, a partial reimbursement is possible.
For all those interested for whom the participation fee is too high, we offer an alternative program to bring the MUN experience to as many students as possible. The program includes the participation in the international MUN conference BayernMUN in Nuremberg. The participation fee is 69 € or 149 €*.
How does the amount of 1.200 € come about?
The preparatory conferences (incl. accommodation, conference fees and board almost throughout the entire conferences), expert fees and material for the seminar (incl. a personal binder, books, copying costs etc.) amount to 300 €.
The largest amount is needed for the conference in New York City. 900 € include the conference fee, conference materials and accommodation. Flight costs are not included.
* The fee is not determined by the FAU, but by the conference hosts. A modification of the price through the conference hosts is unlikely, however, possible.
This year we are offering 3 partial scholarships. These scholarships cover 730 € of the costs – the remaining participation fee is at 470 €. These scholarships will only be granted to students receiving Bafög (or other EU state aid for students that is non-performance related). If you wish to apply for a scholarship, please attach a Bafög certificate to your application. Please also include a seperate letter of motivation explaining why you are a suitable candidate for a scholarship (max. 1 page).
As a less time consuming and less expensive alternative, we also offer a secondary program.