How can I participate?
There are two possible ways to gain Model UN experience at FAU:
- The FAUMUN Delegation with preparatory seminar and conference in New York:
- Intensive preparation (weekly seminar, speech training, negotiation training and introduction to the workings of the United Nations)
- Participation in multiple preparatory conferences (Erlangen, Munich/Erfurt, Nuremberg)
- With the goal: Delegation of a UN member state at the National Model United Nations (NMUN) in New York with more than 6,000 participating students from more than 400 different universities
- The FAUMUN Blockseminar: Intensive preparation program for the three-day conference Bayern Model United Nations (BayernMUN) in Nuremberg, Germany:
- Speech and negotiation training
- Introduction to the workings of the United Nations
- Preparation for the UN simulation (position paper writing, rules of procedure)
- One weekend application of the learned techniques at the international conference BayernMUN (bayernmun.org) in Nuremberg
From experience, FAUMUN receives significantly more applications for the FAUMUN Delegation than participants can be accepted. Therefore, we unfortunately cannot guarantee participation in our FAUMUN Delegation to all applicants. The Blockseminar, however, is open to all interested students without an application procedure as long as there are still places available. Everyone applying for the FAUMUN Delegation is automatically enlisted for the FAUMUN Blockseminar should their application be unsuccessful.
The FAUMUN Delegation
A written application must be submitted for FAUMUN Delegtion participation.
* We highly smile upon applicants wearing business attire for interviews. However, please do not buy any before our first session. Clothing will not be subject to judging.
** Optionally 80€ less if you choose your own accommodation instead of the conference hotel in Nuremberg during BayernMUN.
*** Any surplus will be paid back to the participants after the project year has ended.
The FAUMUN Blockseminar
No application process. Please register via StudOn (fist-come first-serve, 5 ECTS in key qualifications for participation). The course will go online on August 01.
The course can be found on StudOn under: Repository > 2. Faculty of Business, Economics, and Law > 2.1 School of Law > weitere Veranstaltungen der Lehrstühle > Prof. Krajewski > Model UN.
Experience shows that places will become available again. For this reason, we encourage you to sign up for the waiting list even if all places are currently taken.
* In case you choose to stay at your own accommodation instead of the hotel in Nuremberg during the BayernMUN conference, please be aware that if you do not live in Nuremberg (e.g. in Erlangen or Fürth), this might influence your ability to make use of all opportunities the conference has to offer.
** Participation and accommodation fee might change. Information based on previous years.
If you have any questions, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.